Subject: [Leica] The LooneyBlad Defense
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 23:44:53 -0400

The into last week of the so called Lunar Hasselblad has received by the
photographic community with unanimous derision not before seen in memory
except that time Kitchenaid made a coffee strainer and tried to pass it off
as a flash. Another case of hiring the wrong brand new marketing people with
exaggerated r?sum?s.
bjp-online just sends me an email thing talking about it I'm sure lots of
you guys also get it.
BJP not referring to the Bacon Jelly and Pomegranate on rye sandwich like I
once suspected or hoped but the British Journal of Photography a very old
photo mag which I've actually seen as paper in a newsstand without me having
to print it out first. And I bought one.  But now its existence is mainly
one pixies on the internet overlapping with email mailing lists.
The first thing it seems people went after on the internet on the Lunar
camera was
" strategic partnership with Sony" in other words they were able to figure
out who was really making the camera. I guessed Fuji as I was not able to
find it. I pretty much guessed it sure as hell was not going to be made in
Sweden. As those people all want medical care  and roads with no potholes
for their Volvos to get stuck in with the ice thaws. But others saw
somewhere it said "Sony".
It seems the LooneyBlad is a Sony NEX 7 in a body remade by a moon man and
sold for 5000 instead of 1000 euros.
So here it is read it yourself I'm surly getting it all wrong:
http://tinyurl.com/cwsvf78

I frankly feel they (this BJP article) missed the point getting it all wrong
as a high end high priced spread compact camera now is going to have to
start with full frame sensor. Or people are going to have little question
marks coming out of their heads like in the Bazooka Joe comics you'd get
with bubble gum.
People are just wanting what they're paying for to be reflected in their
jpegs.  And there's no reason that can't look a lot like what everyone using
full sized DSLR's are getting with a sensor in many always very similar or
the same. If you got the bucks to shell out.
We're all waiting for those to come out. And I think there's going to be an
onslaught. Stealing money away from what could have been spent on Leica M's
and glass.

Mark William Rabiner