Subject: [Leica] The Kingdom of Belgium, prototypes
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:11:41 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Minor corrections. The chip is designed in Belgium and manufactured under
contract in France.  A very popular and common arrangement for
semiconductors. The sensr is fabricated on 12" (300 mm) wafers. You could
spend a few minutes trying to figure out the number of sensors per wafern
but don't waste your time. The yield factor is equally important if not more
important.
Anyway with a proprietary sensor Leica CAN differentiate itself. The big
question is now the software and features that can be thought out. I think
the Farkas article quite good.

It IS an exciting time to shoot the Leica glass. Personally i think the most
s cuting feature to await is the built in EVF. when that happens Leica will
have arrived and can dominate in their area of real expertise: superb optics
Frank Filippone