Subject: [Leica] What Is "Focus Peeking"
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 02:47:05 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Henning Wulff wrote:

... focus peaking works over the whole screen, and you are often more
certain about what will actually be in focus.
<<<

This is a huge advantage for me.

Focus peaking is something that appeals strongly to me, as you have full
control over what will be in focus and you have independence of optical
characteristics and mechanical tolerances.
<<<

Same for me.  The speed advantage of phase-detect AF is negated by the
inability focus anywhere in the picture area.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] What Is "Focus Peeking")