Subject: [Leica] Auto Aperture with R lenses on the new M via the Leica > M adapter
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 18:09:59 -0400

When I got into photography in the mid 1960's and read all the articles in
the Popular photography and Modern photography it appeared that half the
writers were still using their cameras with stop down metering and were
wondering what all the fuss was about. I think the Exacta system was in that
group. And others. They stopped down. Loved it.  Asked for seconds. Wanted
to buy more stop down glass. And cameras. Thought those wide open auto
aperture people were crazy.  Everyone knows the stop down glass was better!
Eventually I guess they saw the light and realized it was impossible to
shoot pictures with stop down metering. They threw all their prints taken
with their Exacta away and never mentioned it again.

Mark William Rabiner