Subject: [Leica] Have camera will travel USA
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 18:50:25 -0500

On Sep 11, 2012, at 6:40 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> I would vote for the car and camper, too, or an enclosed camper.  Not that
> many motels welcome pets these days.  You would be freer to move on your
> own schedule when you can camp as you go.  I don't think local authorities
> would bother you.  We have camped all over the world and never been hassled
> by anybody.  If you have a camper with even primitive cooking facilities,
> you can save an enormous amount on meals and eat much healthier.  Visit
> farmer's markets and buy fresh food to eat in your camper.  You will meet
> more people in campgrounds than you will in motels.
>
> Have fun!!  I am very envious.  We plan to do this some day.

+1

when I travelled (most of the US)
it was almost always in a Van, mostly with a Dog, child, etc.
State and Federal Parks - beautiful.
Occasionally in hospital parking lots (when tired and having let it get too
late before landing).
In driveways of folks met along the way.
And of course motels when absolutely necessary.
Great road food.
Great campfire food.

Regards,
George Lottermoser