Subject: [Leica] IMG: Butterfly Image Incorporating Helpfull Suggestions
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 00:04:17 -0500

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your interest.  The original image that I posted was
post-processed in my normal way, but was seen by several people whose
opinions I value, as being, for a simple word, "overcooked".  Here it is,
from my gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/B_fly+72.jpg.html

In the course of exchanges with George L. and others, I received specific
suggestions which would allow me to improve small areas of the image, while
maintaining the better qualities of the photo as it came from the camera.  I
also decided to back off to a more balanced crop, as well.  The improved
image, at least in my eyes, and the eyes of those who have commented since I
put it up, is here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Unprocessed+72.jpg.html

Don't pay attention to the "Unprocessed" in the link.  The subtle processing
is there.
I have learned to make my processing changes more subtle, and less intrusive
in the image.  I hope I can continue to keep this in mind in my daily work
flow.

Thanks for asking.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA