Subject: [Leica] FYI: Two new lenses from CZ
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 16:34:27 +0930

All absolutely true, but Zeiss have mostly shown recently that the
names are, well, just names.  The ZM Biogons, for instance, are
semi-retrofocus.

Zeiss are obviously putting some substantial effort into design.  They
don't actually have that many names to choose from, unless they
abandon cashing in on historical names with a reputation for quality.
I think we can expect a lot of lenses with names that don't
necessarily match historical established expectations.  Leica has done
that with the Summarits too.

Marty