Subject: [Leica] Ansel Adams Wilderness
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 22:41:15 -0700

Doug Herr <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Mark Rabiner wrote:

> Ansel A. would climb these mountains before modern mountain climbing
> methods ...
> <<<
>
> Pretty sure he use a mule.

Yes, I think most of them did back then.  But I gained a lot of
respect for AA's hiking ability when I climbed up to the Diving Board.
 He did that with an 8x10 in 1927, and there is no way a mule could
help him there.  It's a tough scramble even with a mere medium format
camera.  It's worth the climb (no ropes needed).  See
http://www.paulroark.com/Dome2005.html

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] Ansel Adams Wilderness)