Subject: [Leica] Still testing
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 09:20:06 -0700

Tina,

> ... The 75 Summilux is the hardest lens for me to focus.

By the way, in looking at differences between B&W and color, the one
thing that seems clear is that our human visual acuity -- the
resolution we can see -- is significantly higher in B&W.  So, it's
possible the focus errors you never noticed in color will be visible
in B&W.  I think this also may explain why so many think a good B&W
looks sharper than color -- visually it is.  I'm taking advantage of
this now with the B&W dyes, and particularly the metallic papers, to
make B&W images that have an apparent sharpness that is just beyond
our usual experience.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Still testing)