Subject: [Leica] Light metering with the Leica M9
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 17:12:30 -0700

Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
> I think we look at the monitor in the back of the camera ...

For important shots in a high contrast situation I definitely fire off
a quick test shot and check the histogram.  Usually I want the
highlights to be just within the range of the sensor.  Basically, it's
like the old slide film experience.

I've, frankly, been surprised at how well the M9 meter works given the
rather simply approach.  I took my spot meter out on one trip and that
was the end of bothering with it.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Light metering with the Leica M9)