Subject: [Leica] Light metering with the Leica M9
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 14:38:34 -0400

Yes but its not with the direct feedback we have now like the days of film
when you had do know what you were doing with a meter and maybe know
something about the zone system. Then Bracket.
We are seeing what we are getting as we go along.
I'm afraid I find the thing to be a mass of slick rhetoric. And I think he's
laying it on thick with a questionable respect for his audience.

By the way I got my light meters amassed this week - some I had to throw out
as the batteries leaked as I've been heading out all week with my 500CM
Hasselblad with A12 back and 100 3.5 planar. And have exposed several rolls
of 120 Kodak Pro 800 film by now. Plus I got sent in the mail a pound or two
of misc film most of which out dated but I don't care.
The other thing which was a bonus out of the experience was working with the
EV system which is how I stared out with my first camera. A Voigtl?nder Vito
BL. Pretty soon this week by the end of each day I was guessing the EV's
pretty well with a confirmation from a meter reading. The meters I've got
handy here and have been using are the Gossen Pilot
The Hasselblad metering knob inside of which is a Gossen Pilot. The
batteries in which did not leak as there is none. It works by magic.
My Rolleiflex 2.8f inside of which is a meter which is in effect a Gossen
Pilot.
A Minolta Spotmeter F which gives me EV readouts in the viewfinder; and is
not a Gossen Pilot.
And a CV VC meter which is much better in low light than selenium battery
less meters like the Gossen Pilot. But no direct EV readouts. And is almost
too compact when its not on a hot shoe but hanging around your neck by a
shoelace.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography

> From: Tina Manley <images at comporium.net>
> Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 14:19:09 -0400
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Light metering with the Leica M9
>
> Of course there is light metering with the M9!  You just have to know where
> point it and how much it covers.

Tina

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Mark

--