Subject: [Leica] SHOOTING B&W?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:28:16 -0700

Hi Tina & George,
Thank you for your response. As you know I'm a B&W believer, always have
been and always will be. I believe my medical books are LEICA proof alone!
And certainly the book "Real Photographers shoot B&W. Sometimes colour!" is
very emphatic in it's B&W images. Similarly all Leica, M & R cameras and
lenses.

Even converting digital colour images to B&W providing they look what I feel
comfortable with. When I'm looking at a "final print!" Sometimes I wish I
were a better techie as I'm sure switching colour to B&W, I don't quite get
what I want. Oh well, try, try again and it eventually works. Sometimes sort
of. :-(

My grandson who graduated last year after a 10 month photography course has
my first purchased M6. The other  M6's were replaced with 3 M7's shortly
after they came out. A 35mm 1.4 Summilux on his M6. He never goes anywhere
without it loaded with B&W film. A custom lab in Victoria processes and make
contact sheets, then he edits on screen and prints with an inkjet printer.

He's not working at it. As he says... "You always said it was fun both in
your amateur days and professional life. So that's all I want to do ........
have fun!" And indeed he is, having fun. And handles that M6 beautifully.
Makes "G'pa" feel very good and proud of him. :-) Well what else did you
expect me to say? ;-)

When I get the urge I take my DIGILUX 2 set on exposing in B&W and shoot
images. A nice get away from "it all some days." :-(  And they look quite
good! Occasionally it's nice to feel... "Well that kinda looks like I still
have the touch!" And smile inwardly! :-)

cheers,
ted