Subject: [Leica] TRI-X: RIP
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 12:05:27 -0500

It would be entirely possible to get only the formulae and have the film
manufactured by someone else, but it would be a herculean task to start up a
new coating line, slitting and packaging line for such a niche product. I
expect that there is a requirement for highly skilled labor as well. I would
expect that cranking out Jeeps is quite a bit easier than a bunch of tri-x.
Jeep owners I have know often had issues with the products precision.
Also, the freestyle film isn't their formula, but one of the manufacturer.