Subject: [Leica] Aldrin and Armstrong dry run
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 09:32:45 -0400

"Buzz Aldrin practicing with a Hasselblad camera while Neil Armstrong works
on his rock collecting skills."
Anyone ever hear of this Leicaglow site or blog?
http://leicaglow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ap11-S69-25202HR.jpg or
http://tinyurl.com/8e8shs2
He's into Leicas but also into space cameras here I see here.
Above a shot of these guys seemingly practicing being on the moon what
they'd do. Collecting rocks with a pooper scooper and figuring out how to
work Swedish cameras.
http://www.leicaglow.com/wp/

I also like this shot of Armstrong with his hands free Hasselblad 500 EL
mounted to his chest which I assume is an "RCU".
http://leicaglow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/ap11-69-H-670.jpg
He's seeming to be glancing down at the groundglass.
I have that 70mm back right here it makes a nice paperweight. Though I heard
there's used thin film which gave them more than 70 on a roll.
I was always ok with 70 on a roll. There was always one in focus.
I would love to have my Hasselblad attached to my chest for a day or week
and see how that alters my lifestyle. I doubt they'd let me into the movie
theater.

When they landed on the moon I was working the lights in a production of
Brendan Behan's "the Hostage" and the actress came out and sang the Irish
song "don't much about with the Moon" but she changed "with" to "on" that
night and didn't not get into any trouble with the producer who really flew
off the roof when that kind of thing ever happened. This was in Lake Forest
a north suburb of Chicago. The Academy Playhouse.
So I was in a control booth and was not one of the one in six people on
planet earth who got to see it live on TV . I saw it later that night non
live.

But years later in NY I saw the airplane hit the tower live.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Aldrin and Armstrong dry run)