Subject: [Leica] 1884-2012 Kodak Film.
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 09:16:43 -0400

Evidently they're still making film
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&thr
eadid=122946
which makes sense, because it's extremely difficult to sell something
that's not producing nor working with distributors.

It's just the division that's been announced for sale.  Likely, the name
"Kodak" and other trade names associated with various film types, along
with proprietary formulary, will be sold along with the division for use
on film products.  I would be very, very surprised if the subsequent
buyers didn't brand the films as "Kodak Tri-X", "Kodak Portra", etc.
considering the value of the marquee.   Then again, I also thought that
IBM PCs would still be branded as such after that sale, so shows you what
I know.

Jim Shulman
Wynnewood, PA