Subject: [Leica] OT: where to stay in Yosemite
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 19:37:28 -0700

Depends on how rustic you want to be.  There is the Yosemite Falls Lodge,
for not an arm and a leg, yet nice.  There is the Awahnee Lodge, but you
might have to leave a first born to afford it.  There is Curry Village if
you don't mind a bit of rustic atmosphere, as you stay in permanent tents
that have bunks and heaters and the like.  A bit up from camping.  There are
a few more, but maybe hard to get in.  Have you checked online or called to
check to see if you can find a room for the night you are planning?

In the winter when we go, we stay at the Falls Lodge.  Great towels.

Look them up online and see which fits your needs.  If you can't get in, you
can always stay outside the park in one of the motels and then drive in.
You would probably be coming in on 140 or 120.  I don't know much about the
120 route as far as lodging.  I don't often take that one.  On 120, just
outside the park there is a large resort with lots of rooms.  On 41, there
is a town called Oakhurst that has a lot of places to stay.  And there is
one other lodge in the park at Wawona.  But I would definitely suggest
staying somewhere on the valley floor.

Aram