Subject: [Leica] OT: where to stay in Yosemite
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 22:45:11 +1000

For one night may I suggest that you need to be IN the park to absorb every
second We were just outside and had just 3 days,. If you aren't out before
dawn and past last light, hand in your cameras now.
But going in summer might be drinking vintage Krug warm from a
dirty plastic Coke bottle and the crowds sound horrendous 8-O That leaves
three seasons.
There's an informative website where you can look at a range of options.
http://www.yosemitepark.com/lodging.aspx
The Ahwahnee is grand but not cheap. A one night luxurious indulgence?
The Yosemite Lodge at the Falls (my choice) is very central too especially
if you are reliant on foot and shuttle transport. Big cafeteria next door.

Note for viewing. Quite apart from the magnificent cathedral of scenery you
must go to the ansel adams gallery. Take your credit cards

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman