Subject: [Leica] three in a row
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 05:38:20 -0400

I got my x wife an D lux 3 right before my money ran out in 2006 or 7. I
wish I'd gotten one for me as well. She came out here to NY from Portland
Oregon and we shot the Soho facades in 2007 after I'd been here for a year
for a project in Portland she's an engineer. Here she is (enclosed) with her
camera doing that (in square format and monochrome.) She used the full wide
format those days a lot but she may have gone to 2/3 and then again I'm sure
she's doing much or most with her cell which is a blueberry or blackberry.

I've been working a lot with a panoramic format for my cover shots for my
Facebook thing which is about the same as the one the Xpan uses. Feel free
to friend me if you can find that stuff the format for cover shots is
315x851 pixels. But I default with all my other work with 1200 pixels on the
wide side. So I go 444x1200 with hundreds of shots and upload them as a
different cover a  day. My favorite format is 1/2 which for me is 600x1200
pixels. But I'm finding 444 works for many images I'd already shot at 2/3.
If this keeps going I'll be saving for an Xpan or something which resembles
it.

My Hasselblad is poised at my bedside on a little plastic case filled with
sheet music with an A12 120 back on it and a 100 3.5 planar with a short
shade. I'll be going to B&H today to get some film for it. Where I'm going
to with this is squares. The world seems to have discovered them. Leica did
with a postal Leica which is collectors item. I always wanted a Robot.
Another camera I have out and handy and ready to get going again again after
half a decade is my Rolleiflex. I hope I have little trouble getting my
Epson flatbed going again on my right on the little table I'm taking my
tuner out ny is a place where people use headphones for everything. If I
ever entertain I'll worry about it. I've been here on Riverside Drive and W
80th for 4 years now.

Mark William Rabiner Photography http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/