Subject: [Leica] PSTCARD- Burano - For colour lovers
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 08:07:50 -0700

philippe.amard SHOWED:
Subject: - Burano - For colour lovers

> Burano is a set of small islands off the main Venice archipelago and  is
> famous for its lace, and for the colours of its houses.
>
> We were lucky getting there early, at least before the flow of other
> tourists was poured into the streets by the vaporettos and tour
> operators, and the locals were not hiding yet. More on Burano at
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burano
>
> The series starts here, and proceeds to the right
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Italie+2012/Burano+Colours-0033.jpg.html

Philippe mon ami! :-)
Beautiful capture of colours and citizens! I can't imagine what it would be
like to arrive there and only have B&W film?  One would surely throw
themselves in the Med. and hope to drown quickly!!! ;-) ;-)

> A technical remark: my lenses distort, this I know, but can't be blamed
> for the tilt of the spire ...<<<<<

Philippe, don't tell them things like that because some will look for all
kinds of other infintesimal things! :-) Instead of enjoying the photography
and it's beautiful array of colours and compositions!

So a lens distorts.... "big deal!" Who cares when the colour photography is
so powerful! A little tilt here and there can be blamed on the buildings
being ancient! ;-)

> also I've tried to keep the colours as accurate as I could from memory;
> the "velvia" look is the town officials' responsibility.>

The colours are so incredible everywhere! In the days of film I think it
would be reasonable to take a 1000 rolls of Kodachrome or Velvia just to
make sure you didn't run out of film.

Today and digital, one had better have several big cards and spare batteries
to keep you going from sunrise to sunset!

cheers,
ted

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] PSTCARD- Burano - For colour lovers - Some answers)