Subject: [Leica] TECHNICAL QUESTION?????????
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 15:50:59 -0500 (CDT)

Ted,

My iPhone does a pretty good job.

gene

----- Original Message -----
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:41:25 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Hi crew,

If you were going to buy, for a better name?  "A camera-phone?" which would
you consider best "CAMERA PHONE" on the market?

I don't care if I can talk to some one in Berlin or my next door neighbor!
Communication isn't relative. I want the best and most adaptable as a
camera?  THINK "absolutely cool camera!" Not an iphone that can make images
and talk to your long lost uncle at the same time! However that maybe as
good as they get?

It's for a research program I was asked to think about and be involved in as
a "FOR REAL PHOTOGRAPHER?" Using an iphone? Or whatever they're called? And
not an EIO!... "ELECTRICAL INSTRUMENT OPERATOR." Someone who knows all the
telephone/radio/maps/apps? Whatever the hell that is???  And all the other
magical things one can  do.... and who knows how to make?
.."PHONE-EXPOSURES!"

But doesn't have any idea about shooting good, bad or ugly photography!
"USING LIGHT" or any of the basics of being a photographer making
interesting photographs.

I figure if I start here ON LIST at least I have photographers who may have
lots of experience with these magical instruments. So at least I'm starting
out with  a good exposing machine. IE.. "A camera that is also a
communications instrument."

Thank you all if and when you have a spare moment for a word of experience
and your  wisdom!

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)