Subject: [Leica] Unpublished: Pe?iscola 1996
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 14:13:22 +0100

I worked at Formula 1 motor races for 35 years. Long lenses were the rule.
When I started all the pros bar 2 used Nikon F or later F2, there were not
that many pros covering it though. There was a slow move over to Canon,
which accelerated when digital appeared until I only can think of a couple
of guys who were still using Nikon, and by then there would be hundreds of
pros at each event. Then the D3 came out and Canon had a major autofocus
problem with whichever EOS 1D camera was extant at that time. An
astonishingly large number changed over to Nikon at that time. It was very
noticeable that we went from having almost only white lenses pointed at us
to a more even split.
Frank

Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Unpublished: Pe?iscola 1996)
Message from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Unpublished: Pe?iscola 1996)