Subject: [Leica] Times Photographer Is Arrested on Assignment in NY
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 18:20:59 -0500

The one time I had a situation like that (not a threatened arrest) I told
the officer that in my opinion his view of the law was wrong, and that we
should talk it over with his supervisor.  His supervisor said I was right,
and that the officer would have some counseling.  I knew that was code for a
trip to the bar but of course I let it drop.  Those guys do a job I wouldn't
want to do and I can see how one might have a Barney Fife moment every now
and then.

Ken