Subject: [Leica] Portrait of Mom - 50/1.2
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 20:19:00 -0700

Dug out the 50/1.2 Nikon and strapped in on the D7000 for these.  They were
shot at 1.2, and 2 respectfully.  The f-stop does not record accurately on
the D7000 for this lens for some reason.  The lowest that will show up is
2.0 and when stopping down, it always shows the next smallest f-stop, so 2.0
shows as 2.8, 2.8 shows as 4.0, etc.  Not sure if that can be adjusted.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/m/untitled-3135.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/m/untitled-3130.jpg.html

Vanishing thin depth of field at 1.2. Been a while since I tried this lens
as my rate of accurately focused shots indoors was dismal, but there was
enough light coming through the window at Kidd Valley I think I got the
focus pretty good.

comments and criticism welcome.  View large.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Portrait of Mom - 50/1.2)
Reply from j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz) ([Leica] Portrait of Mom - 50/1.2)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Portrait of Mom - 50/1.2)