Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers - Seattle still in mourning
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 19:28:38 -0700

Made a trip to Seattle in part to pay my respects to Julius Pierpont
Patches, J.P, Patches.  Every major and many minor cities I am sure had
their children's programs in the 60's and 70', and the king of them all in
Seattle was the J.P. Patches show.  It ran from 1958 to 1981, one of the
longest running locally produced children's show in the US.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/2012/07/j-p-patches-legendary-entertainer-dies-at-age-84/
http://jppatches.com/

Chris Wedes died last Sunday, and I just had to see the statue of him in the
Fremont district.  It has been there for quite a few years but I never saw
it before.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/jp/untitled-3140.jpg.html

My mom reading some of the letters.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/jp/untitled-3142.jpg.html

She asked someone if he would take my camera and get a shot of me, too.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/jp/untitled-3138.jpg.html

I never met JP personally, but he touched my life through grade school and
even into high school and college.
I will miss you, Chris.  Keep 'em laughing in heaven.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/su12/jp/untitled-3146.jpg.html

Comments on photos welcome.  Last one with the Nikon 50/1.2 wide open on the
D7000

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson