Subject: [Leica] la passionaria - Bob Adler
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 15:17:13 +0200

 Thanks, Bob, for your comment! No, they don't dye the Savannah River green
anymore but you can still get some green beer ... I discovered the Savannah
version of St Patrick's Day for the first time this year and I must admit it
is overwhelming! Close to a million visitors, a great show and the
opportunity to take a few interesting pictures. Everytime we go there - our
younger daughter lives in Savannah with her family - my wife and I wonder at
the well-preserved homes and monuments, the climate (except in July and
August ...) and the easy-going lifestyle of its people. A great place,
Savannah, can't think of any other city in the US that would have this type
of beauty. I've done a few pictures of the parade (and of family and friends
and our life there this Spring), see <http://jean-michel-mertz.smugmug.com/>
This was intented for the rest of the family back home in France but since
you're a native Savannahian you will probably recognize a few
spots!Cheers,Jean-Michel> From: rgacpa at gmail.com