Subject: [Leica] A new M from Canon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:26:38 -0400

The irony in my own work is that IS or VR as Nikon calls  image
stabilization  (vimage ratabilization) is as big a deal for serious DSLR
work, rangefinder  as well as it is for more casual point and shoot work
with far smaller sensors. And I've not had the pleasure yet its something to
really look forward too. A major supercharger to my image making.
One of my main lenses, the Nikon 24-85mm AF-S G  has just been upgraded to
VR and is the lens at the top of my short list: AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm
F3.5-4.5G ED VR Lens.  I can try to guess what the use of that lens will
bring to my work but I have a feeling I'm not going to at all know at all
till its on my camera and I'm looking at the results.
 The 105 macro which I have on my camera right now having been sent it
yesterday is now VR  in the past year which has I've been told and I
believe; revolutionized it's use in the macro world in which I'm so fond.
Making the lens now on my camera OBSOLETE! :)
In the old days when we shot indoors or at night we used wide angles now we
can use tele's when ever we want though most of that is just the digital
thing. Image stabilization is the icing on the cake.  But it may also be the
electric knife you cut the cake with. And the ball of vanilla ice cream you
put next to the chocolate cake. It may be the PUDDING in the recipe. Betty
Croker better keep her day job.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography