Subject: [Leica] Alpa
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (Piers Hemy)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:54:24 +0100

Nice - photo and subject - but that's a modern Alpa 12, whereas I think Leo
was asking (and everyone else was responding) about the erstwhile Alpa 35mm
reflex cameras. Of course, by comparison with the 12, they were not
full-format, and thus likely to be of little interest to you!

I know of two Alpa bodies locally which, together with a Macro-Switar and
who knows what other lenses, are treasured by the widow of an extremely
accomplished insect and bird photographer. Treasured not just because they
are mementoes of a loved one, but also because their quality is well
appreciated (which makes a welcome change from the usual tale of "estate
sale").  I have seen some of the results, which speak as much to the
capability of the operator as to the quality of the equipment, both to be
admired. Unfortunately his work was exclusively on Kodachrome, and has yet
to be scanned.

Piers