Subject: [Leica] IMG: Old Northam project
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:31:03 +0100

Gerry,

keep at it. I remember Southampton from that period and the floaties -
long gone. Student friends lived in Northam (it was cheap and
convenient). Northam then was a mixture of dingy and down-at-heel, but
with sparks of life. I think everyone in the city knew about "the
girls"; they had always been there, after all it is/was a major seaport.

I will be very interested to see how it evolves.

I recall that a lot of the clearance in the 60s/70s was done as a result
of the aftermath of the Blitz. Soton now is a very different place now
from what it was in my day!

Peter