Subject: [Leica] Series
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 20:14:43 -0700

Hi Tina,
There is an even bigger story for so many photographers to learn from in
your story and use of photos..

In your case you took photos one year and returned the next and in doing so
"won the trust of a new subject."  That quite probably endeared you to many
other women/people of the village and area also.

So many photographers say.... "Yeah I'll/ we'll send you some prints... AND
THEY NEVER DO!" Why? Well I'm not going to touch that simply because I would
probably be banned for the use of some. What we might say very
uncomplimentary language!

If a photographer says he or she will send a photo and they don't! They
blacken all of us by not doing so!

You promise someone a picture and you don't send it. Then ten years later
you meet the same person and the first thing they are going to say is...
"WHERE THE HELL IS MY PICTURE YOU PROMISED?" And any hope of cooperation
with them again is gone forever as they wont trust you!

Promise a picture? Make sure you send it! If not it will come back to haunt
you some day at the most unsuspecting and embarrassing moment! Trust me I
learned my lesson 60 years ago and I don't believe I've ever missed sending
one after telling the subject that I would since.

EASY TRICK?  Give them your business card! So if you haven't sent one...
they write to you as a reminder and within 24-48 hours a photo is on the
way. Just do it while you're knocking off your required prints for client or
whatever use required. Bing-Bang in an envelope and gone and yer ass is
saved! Actully far more important  than yer butt? Your, "REPUTATION AS A
GOOD HUMAN BEING AND PHOTOGRAPHER!"

Life can be so simple when you promise a photo and actually send it.

Or as in Tina's case, it was of great advantage in gaining some beautiful
photos! It can work for anyone on the list!

cheers,
Dr. ted