Subject: [Leica] Leica Gallery and the Puddle Jumper
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 22:47:23 -0400

I do think they 're talking about two different versions of the same neg
which had been printed. And by the way was likely he himself at this point
printed it. First he printed it more or less full frame which had the blurry
fence in it at the left end of the image. They he moved the enlarger up and
was able to crop out the blurry fence and turn it into a vertical instead of
horizontal image.

This thing of an image shot vertical and ending up as a horizontal is a
thing which does happen a lot to photographers working in the 20th century
in 35mm. If not by them then by a picture editor.

And by the way despite what a thing said yesterday on HCB's mode or working
printing full frame black border has never stopped a photo editor from
cropping a picture. Many just take the face out no mater who or what is
going on. They put their own black border on later if they feel like it.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/LotDetailsPrintable.aspx?intObjectID=549419>
4