Subject: [Leica] Portraits of Awkward Adolescents Posing on Beaches
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 22:01:05 -0700
References: <CAFuU78crMsorj4VkyA6mBuc9dr4dWmKKkF4Nk25CLbsLnqFmVg@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1DDjgZSMLnnC=6avmanBap+J8uXfWokavVDQEd9o3mX9w@mail.gmail.com> <CAFuU78c4e=c9Js9GQZ7fqSZ8jYfPbyT4d3BvLV3hPrhVPYtgug@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ2xj3yHVwCr1ghfkBsHnmtzTDUGT5PNew+2g7f5daNW2A@mail.gmail.com> <1175667224-1340470725-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-134062529-@b17.c16.bise6.blackberry> <2B4749070CAA4B6598E204585B282871@syneticfeba505> <CAFuU78e46rxmxG4fYqA--Ah4Ok+TD+Uok+SWkBx1QRPrDSpxvg@mail.gmail.com>

Lew Schwartz ASKED:

Sure thing Lew, 62 years experienece of shooting as a "working"
photojournalist shooting " Please note! "Paid assigned assignments!" from
right out of the womb to the CEO's of big corporations for their annual
reports.

Gee whiz it doesn't take much brain savvy if you engage the brain of a human
being of any age into action while you are there with a camera and you do it
well and with experinece! They will forget about you and camera! I've done
it a gadzillion million times under all kinds of circumstances. Including a
couple with Canadian Prime Ministers in their offices while I was told not
to cause any distraction! Nothing like Leica M's of some kind and OBVIOUSLY
NO STUPID FLASH! And quiety click away at the "Decisive moment!" in silence!
KISS.

JUST HE AND I!

Hell I asked one of them what he did when he came in his office first thing
in the morning and he told me.  .........
" I  READ THE PAPER, HAVE MY GLASS OF MILK ."  My response? "WONDERFUL YOU
JUST DO YOUR THING AND I'LL DO MINE!" HE DID!  AND WE DIDN'T CONVERSE FOR
OVER TWO HOURS! While I clicked away at changes of light through the
windows, conversations with his staff or he moved to some other part of his
office! Until he needed to have a pee and he asked me, "If it was OK if he
went by himself?" True story! :-) I said "Sure!" Damn life can be so simple
when you make it uncomplicated "WITH BULL-SHIT!"

Hell man get real, look at my God Damn websight and read a little about my
career ( I DID NOT WRITE THAT STUFF!)  and you might find out that there are
some experineced members on the LUG! And if you understand and have feelings
for all ages of human beings you can slide amoungst them with a camera and
never be noticed.

I bet you've never had an assignment to shoot..... "WITHOUT BEING NOTICED!"
at a $1000.00 dollar a plate night fund raising event, tux and all the
tiddly stuff! And no one ever ask about ""WHY ARE YOU TAKING PICTURES?"
Hell do I have to tell you how to do that with a tux on and never be caught?
Piece of cake! KISS!

Actually I would enjoy meeting you one on one some day face to face as I
truly beleieve it would be a very interesting experience simply because our
life-time photographer time would make for a very interesting conversation!

No offence intended in my comments! Just different experiences of a
life-time as a working published photojournalist!

cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] Portraits of Awkward Adolescents Posing on Beaches)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Portraits of Awkward Adolescents Posing on Beaches)