Subject: [Leica] First Day of summer pix new Summer LUG Gallery
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 19:57:46 -0400

The picture was taken the first day of summer June 20th, 2006  12:54:51 PM
Part of the definition of the summer solstice is the sun is directly over
head at noon. And this is 54 minutes later.
So the sun is about as directly over head as it can be. And you can see the
tiny shadows right underneath them to indicate that.
Thanks for looking!

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/