Subject: [Leica] LR4 repeated crashes
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:13:03 +0000

What Mac and OS version? Is the hard disk of age? Run disk check over it....

john

I'm at my wit's end. This morning, I imported 122 frames into LR4.1.
I started selecting, cropping, and making minor adjustments to frames
prior to a final selection. As I scrolled toward the bottom of the
thumbnail collection, LR crashed. I have now had between ten and
twenty crashes; sent the requested crash reports to Adobe. I also
twice reinstalled LR4.1 from the .dmg and well as rebooted my Mac.
Until I got sick of doing it, I filled out Adoobe's crash report form.

As it is behaving now: It may crash when I scroll that list toward
its end. It will consistently crash on double-clicking or pressing
"E" on any frame near the end of the list. I can, however, on frames
earlier on the list, in the area where I already worked on frames,
repeatedly switch between "E" and "G" with no problem. I also
selected several other trial collections of frames and had no
problems either in going to loupe view or back to grid view.

Since I have not reformated the SD card, I suppose I could try
identifying the exact frame at which trouble starts, delete that
frame and later frames from my hard disk and then re-import those
frames. I have double-clicked on the DNG files in the trouble region
and "quick look" or whatever the hell it is called displays them with
no problem.

All suggestion welcomed--I'm starting to pull my hair out. Think I'll
had a drink.

Herb

Replies: Reply from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] LR4 repeated crashes)