Subject: [Leica] Final Sobol Photos with MM
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:49:43 -0500

On Jun 14, 2012, at 7:39 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> Did anybody watch this:
>
> http://blog.leica-camera.com/photography/m-system/arrivals-and-departures-with-jacob-aue-sobol-episode-6-the-final-episode/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LeicaCamera+%28Leica+Camera+Blog%29
>
> What did you think?

Delighted to have been introduced to this photographer / artist
Thank you Tina.

Love the unexpected qualities of his photographs
(and his love for black and white image making)

The film is not "about the camera."
The film is about "Sobol."
and
intriguing enough (to me) to spend some time with his work.

Leica's saying, "this is an artist's camera."
I believe them.
Though of course non-artists will also buy them.
and some artists will buy them and not like them.
and many (color) artists will not buy one.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com