Subject: [Leica] Just for the record
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 21:15:43 -0400

Oh Hell. "Killing yourself" is a figure of speech, it wasn't meant to be
literal.

My great-grandpa was in poor health and refused to eat healthy or exercise
and still lived longer than most of you will. Some people are intelligent
enough to see the irony in that and get a laugh from it.

My great-grandpa was a retired coal miner from eastern Kentucky. He
'exercised' more each day he worked than most of you do in a month at the
gym. Back then, miners knocked coal off the walls of the mine with
pickaxes and hammers. They had none of the machinery used today.

The kind of time-wasting exercise that most people do today wouldn't be
necessary if people lived truly active lives. I don't watch TV. Complete
waste of time, and bad for the intellect and the soul. The only time I sit
down is when editing photos or working for clients, and I do not work full
time at all, thank God. I prefer to be out photographing.

I'm still not as active as I'd like, but I am in continuous pain. The
bones in my legs hurt constantly, all the time. Sometimes it is so bad I
can barely walk. I have the same pains in my right arm, and most of the
leg pain is in my right leg, not so much the left. I don't know why; I
cannot afford medical care for it. This is the USA, where the unhealthy
and poor are left to die. My doctor thinks it might be neurological, but I
can't afford the tests they want to do.

On the good days, when it doesn't hurt so bad, my son and I go hiking at
the county nature preserve. I spend a lot of time walking about with a
camera. Many people with my health issues would sit around doing nothing,
but I don't. You have no right to judge me. Most of you have lived lives
of privilege that I will never know. Instead of shitting on someone less
fortunate, why not be thankful for all you have, and please try and think
before spouting off about something. My story about my great grandpa was
meant to be FUNNY, though it is also true. He really did live to be 90
despite his poor health and refusal to heed doctors' advice. I think
that's kinda funny, and I'm glad he did live that long. Some of my
favorite memories from childhood were from times I spent with him.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook