Subject: [Leica] Vol 50, Issue 182, Message 23, Fuji X-Pro 1 and new M adapter
From: bigdlakeside at yahoo.com (Rod Smith)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 09:50:24 -0700 (PDT)

RE: Vol 50, Issue 182, Message 23, Fuji X-Pro 1 and new M
adapter
Hello all:
I see that Steve has been using the Fuji X-Pro 1 (perhaps as
well as others).
I have been awaiting the M mount adapter which was announced
recently by Fuji (albeit a bit pricey in my book ?but a whale of a lot
cheaper than an M9).
I have two concerns, focusing and info going from lens to
body.
I handled a Fuji X-Pro 1 recently at a local store, and I
was not impresses by the viewfinder. I could never see an image in focus on
the
electronic finder.? Maybe it was just me,
a diopter issue, or a camera issue. But I just did not see the image well.
This
leads to the focus issue. Doe the camera have any sort of focus assist. If
so,
is it present only in the electronic finder? Since the lens might be stopped
down ? there would be a considerable range for ?in focus? so if you are left
with a sort of ?ground glass? focusing ? would one be able to get critical
focus
at all.
Now with regard to info going from lens to body, would not
the only info be something to control the software to apply vignette and
color
shift tools? Based on the photo I have seen of the adapter, it appears the
electrical contact on Fuji adapter may read the Leica coding by simple
electrical conduction. If that is the case ? I assume a Leica lens coded with
the ink markers will not work (as this adapter would not function correctly).
Of course any of us with much experience can look at a photo after we have
shot
it and tell what lens we used, so you could apply the same tools after the
fact
in post-production.
I just read the info from John Lei on the cameraquest site.? He seems to be
quite pleased. I still wonder
about the contacts on the photo of the Fuji (brand) adapter.
Any thoughts ?anyone?
Thanks for the help.
Rod

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Vol 50, Issue 182, Message 23, Fuji X-Pro 1 and new M adapter)