Subject: [Leica] Leica M lenses on the Fuji X-Pro 1
From: bigdlakeside at yahoo.com (Rod Smith)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:16:29 -0700 (PDT)

I am glad to see that so many are using the Fuji X-Pro 1 and commenting
about it.
I have read more in Fuji?s press release about the M adapter.
http://www.fujifilmusa.com/press/news/display_news?newsID=880310? (be sure
to look to the right and see Related Resources ? it has photos of the mount)
It appears that the adapter has a function button (on the adapter) that
brings up a menu allowing the user to (easily?) indicate what lens is
mounted and load some profiles to control vignetting and edge color shift
parameters.? I had mistakenly (earlier) guessed that the adapter might try
to read Leica coded ?lenses to activate such software control.? Who knows,
maybe they were worried about patents?
The question about being able to see and focus with the EVF (electronic view
finder) and OVF (optical view finder) is getting clearer and more unclear at
the same time (forgive the pun). One person has indicated that there is a
zoom control in the EVF to check focus. ?Yet, as far as I can tell, there is
no focus functionality in the OVF.
Of course, the potential issue that I first inquired about is still there.
My issue (when fondling the camera at a local dealer) was that I could not
see clearly in the EVF. So, again the issue might still persist.
It appears the final test for me will be to pony up, buy one of the things,
(with the new adapter) and see how I like it.
All of this is hinging on issues related to which system(s) to get rid of:
Leica (rf), Nikon (slr), or Hasselblad (120 and no affordable digital back).
?There just seems to be no future on holding onto all of this amazingly
superb film equipment when the marketers are forcing me to go digital (which
I still think stinks).
Rod