Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Pair
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 15:30:23 -0500

Thanks, Philippe.

As to IS, it was off this time.  Normally, I set to off for tripod use, and
on for the monopod.  I just forgot to change it.

Focusing wide open, at f/4, is not much of a problem with the E-510, but it
is not as easy to focus as the E-1.  I have tried  Live View focusing when
using a tripod, and it does help, but, with this lens, the helix movement
required for exact focus is the width of a hair.  Live View has not been
helpful on the monopod.  The 5MP of the E-1 just doesn't allow for adequate
cropping, so I only use the 250 on the 10MP E-510.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA