Subject: [Leica] LR 4.1 question
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 08:13:58 +1000

Ken, that's difficult to follow! I might be able to shed some light on some
of it at least.
PS 5.1 uses ACR6.7 which does not support all of the functions of LR4.1. It
does not understand some possible raw adjustments and ignores them.
Photoshop CS6 uses the same raw engine as LR4.1. The current version is
Adobe Camera Raw  7.1xxx
Possibly there may be some profile changes for your Canon Raw files too?
Canon of course is a major client target and updates for Canon would be a
high priority for Adobe. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that Mr Knoll is a Canon
user ;-)

The working colour space in the raw converter is not the same thing as a
colour space assigned to converted files (such as TIFFs). I think it's
linear anyway, that is needs a big curve applied to become something we
easily relate to. But if you export a version as a TIFF you can choose to
make that Pro Photo as you did to preserve the maximum information. Keep in
mind that you can't see all of the information in there on your monitor nor
in a print.
For most monitors sRGB is more likely with a few high end ones very close
to all of Adobe RGB which is very largely covered by good inkjet printers
too.