Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday Flower
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:19:40 +1000

That one works extra well with the simpler background and shows the
delicate structures and tones nicely Barney. Did you try a version with
slightly wider framing (so outer petals not cropped) too?
Since you've declared Sunday also a flower day, I had a try here Sunday
comparing my APO Summicron 75 ASPH on M9 to the Makro Planar 100 (on my
D7000).
The Planar on APS-C is effectively twice as long of course and benefits
from the greater working distance. Both shots at f/2 and uncropped. Same
developing. I left them larger than usual for a better look too.
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/143740345
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/143740346

Cheers,
Geoff