Subject: [Leica] IMGs: A Few More Noctilux Images
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 17:30:34 -0700

Glad to see you're having a good time exploring your Noct, Bob.

I like the first one the least. For me the hyper-limited depth of field
makes something that feels quite artificial to me.

In the second image I miss having the dad's image in focus as well. For me
this is a two-shot, they belong together, so while she's tack sharp,
isolating her from him becomes a useful experiment but not a compelling
image.

I like the last one the most because it feels both more natural and a good
use of the lens' depth of field.

I think the 2nd image shot at f2 or f4 would have been a killer since it
almost is as you rendered it.

My opinion, of course. And thanks for sharing. I greatly enjoy your work.

Adam

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler) ([Leica] IMGs: A Few More Noctilux Images)