Subject: [Leica] IMG: Calliandra on a grey day
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 17:45:03 +1000

Thanks for taking a peek and commenting, Ted and Philippe.
The cookie cutter OoF highlights are distinctive, no doubt. Actually they
are definitve for the Summilux 50 ASPH in fact. Because the lens is
extremely well corrected the composition of each instance is very neutral
(that is no double rings for example) but also have very well defined
edges/transitions. The Leica 'glow' (undercorrected spherical aberration)
is gone due to the design if you like.
So the solution is to shoot that lens wide open all of the time (which Tina
has said more than once) The man that designed the thing (Peter Karbe says
the same. I need to listen. The 50 was what i had with me when I saw the
blossoms.
As a penance here's a different shot from today with my Makro Planar (until
I get some more of the first set developed)
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/143717625

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman