Subject: [Leica] Endgadget on the MM
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 19:46:28 -0700

Tina.  One other factor to consider is that the present C and N CMOS sensors
have anti-aliasing filters (excepting 800e), where the DMR and M CCD sensors
are nude in that regards.  I am sure that plays a major role in the
superiority of the Leica digital systems vs the C and N CMOS systems.  I
know there is also an inherent difference between the two sensor types, so
perhaps it is a two prong effect.

I wonder if the rumored CMOS M10 will have an anti-aliasing filter or not.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Aram