Subject: [Leica] IMG: As per Ted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 15:35:57 -0700

philippe.amard SHOWED:

> If you can see it ...
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/310361-1/2012-GUY-50-8269.jpg
>
> Shot at my brother's Surprise Bday party, see below
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/310365-1/2012-GUY-50-8212-2.jpg

Bonjour Philippe,

Merci! :-) I'm glad "If you can see it. You can shoot it!"  worked for you,
certainly in colour! :-) I'm always surprised at the number of photographers
who almost automatically see something, where the light appears low
intensity, and instead of shooting it as one sees it. They immediately turn
on a flash and completely destroy the visual excitement of the scene.

Obviously if in doubt one shoots the scene without flash and with flash.
It's simply called covering yer ass!

But as long as there isn't a great deal of motion and one shoots wide open
at 1/15th and captures a nice photograph why blow what visually motivated
you in the first look with a blast of flash?

Well done, I'm glad it worked for you. A most appealing photo. And real
looking without flash. :-)

cheers,
ted