Subject: [Leica] OT Gotta Rant
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 21:57:19 -0500

Lens caps have threads just like filters. If is entirely possible that you
can get an aftermarket cap that will serve well. For larger sizes, I use
Tamron caps. Never had one jump off, and all under $10. You should see the
strange looks I sometimes got with a Tamron cap on a Zeiss 50 for my
Hasselblad. Oh, and by the way, if any of you budding archeologists are
exploring the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde and wonder how the Anasazi got a
Hasselblad push-on lens cap and how they made plastic, it's mine.

Bill Pearce