Subject: [Leica] Leica Monochrome
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 23:38:36 -0400

No, Doug, anger is absolutely necessary. I'm angry that you would post
something so stupid. Your experience decades ago is IRRELEVANT. You
graduated and earned a LIVING WAGE. Todays grads are being paid ONE HALF
the most minimal cost of barely surviving. ONE FUCKING HALF. I'm one of
the lucky ones, I am self employed and making twice what the average
person here makes (keep in mind the average college grad in Indiana makes
less than $15,000 a year). You can't live on less than $30,000.

Already half the population of the USA is so poor that they're exempt from
federal income tax. It has been possible to oppress them, keep them poor,
and pooh-pooh their experience while spitting on them...because the poor
used to be uneducated and unable to organize. Guess what, Doug. The poor
now? Millions of them are sporting bachelors and even masters degrees!

The communist revolution in Russia was led by educated men, like Lenin,
Stalin, Trotsky, and Bukharin, who couldn't earn a decent living despite
being well educated. They had the education to make them leaders, who
organized the workers and ordered them to cut the throats of the middle
class. The rich mostly escaped, they had the money to flee abroad. The
middle class didn't. They died.

As a historian, I see so many parallels in the USA today. A huge corps of
unemployed and poverty-stricken underemployed university grads looking for
something to do with their lives. They're getting angry, and this is the
most heavily armed nation on Earth. Think about that one, if you can pull
your head out of the sand and realize that your experience is not relevant
to today.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography