Subject: [Leica] Leica Monochrome
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 20:09:33 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Phil Forrest wrote:

>I don't see how many folks in my generation will be able to
>invest in a Leica kit down the road.

Phil, I purchased my first Leica (a new old stock Leicaflex SL with one
lens) when I was making minimum wage as a waiter in Alaska and paying off
college loans.  It was certainly not my dream job of a field biologist but
it paid enough for that first Leica and to keep my rusty VW running.
30-something years later I still can't buy whatever I want but one way or
another I get what I need to keep making photos.  Patience and persistence
work better than anger.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com