Subject: [Leica] IMG: moon jellies . . . in 3D?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 23:36:10 -0500 (CDT)

Gorgeous!

Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adam Bridge" <abridge at mac.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 5:17:20 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

We were at the Monterey Bay Aquarium over the weekend. Of course we checked
out the jellies exhibit.

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/22725174_zKqbCH#!i=1821947302&k=gq6FRgk&lb=1&s=X3>

To me there is a dimensionality to this image that just pops it off the
screen. I think it's something to do with the contrast between the blue glow
of the water and the stark white tentacles or whatever that is trailing
behind. I've linked to the largest size image (although the full-size image
is there if you wish to see it) because that's where this visual effect
seems the most pronounced.

Shot at ISO 400, NEX-7, CV 35mm f1.2 (which really works wonderfully well on
this camera).

Do you see a hint of the 3D effect or is it just me?

Thanks for looking.

Adam