Subject: [Leica] Tripods
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:05:01 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 leo wesson <leowesson at gmail.com>wrote:

>Buy a Gitzo if you want to buy only 1 tripod.

>Leo Wesson
>Photographer/Videographer
>817.733.9157
>www.leowesson.com
=====================================================================================================
I only have experience with one Gitzo, the one at work.  I don't know what
model it is, but I do know it has been unusable for a number of years.  The
leg collars are either jammed so tight they can hardly be loosened, or slip
when they seem secured.  Cleaning the threads in the collars didn't help.
And the three-way head always has about two degrees of play in it side to
side where it joins the legs, even with everything tightened down, so that
the composition never is stable.

I gave up trying to use it.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978