Subject: [Leica] Leica sightings
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:17:22 -0700

I just got back from a 2 1/2 week camping swing through southern Utah and
saw two M9's in use.  I could not communicate with the first person, who I
saw in Dead Horse Point, as he spoke only German, but the second person was
in Bryce Canyon and was from Australia.  He was using his M9 and a Nikon
D700 to shoot a sunset.  Said he has only had his M9 for a few weeks and
somehow bought it with the assistance of a person named Hoppy.  Hmm.

Some other interesting things I noticed.  In the last five years of
traveling and camping since I retired, covering about 50,000 miles across
this country, I have seen a shift from Canon being by far the most dominant
DSLR to Nikon when the D300 came out.  I have noticed that many European
tourists have Sony DSLR cameras, but not this trip. I barely saw any Sony
cameras.  Nikon is still well over 50% in the parks I have been in this
trip.

And of course there is the occasional Pentax and Leica M that crops up.

Just some informal trends I have noticed.

Now, got to work on and post a few photos.

Aram

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Leica sightings)